Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

What an ungrateful bastard?!?

I used to see myself as a peace-loving, god-fearing, law-abiding guy during my early teenage days. I thought if I continue to be nice and comply with everyone's wish, I would live an "easy" life in earth and heaven. I know it's fucking cheesy, but it was me 3 years ago. I was also very faithful to my parents, siblings and relatives. I was being respectful and everything; but you and I both know that life is never so "cheesy" :)

Now the "however" part. Ever since my early 20s and living on my own in United States, I have started demanding more for myself and others. I dislike settling for less! For example, a couple of days ago, I was given an iPod nano as a present from my elder brother. That iPod does not cost much, but the data stored inside it cost over $4000. There are some confidential/copyrighted stuffs which I am asked not to share with others. I should be feeling really lucky because I don't get much pricey stuffs so often.

Instead, I focused on the negative aspects. I started to feel "unloved" coz I was not given the latest "iPod" touch. I also started to feel little worried if my "rich" friends find out that I am using less expensive and not-so-shiny toys than theirs. What if the gym rats find that amusing to see me with a 2nd generation iPod nano when I am workout in the weighting room?!? I know he could afford to buy me the expensive one; why didn't he? Am I that inferior? Later, I have started to realize it was really ungrateful of me to think such way. Like any ignorant human being, I thought green is greener on the other side.

Many times in my life, I have been well-treated/mistreated by people around me. But I do believe during that very moment, I have a "choice" to see it in positive or negative light. For a moment I forgot how lucky I am to have an elder brother who mentors me to be a better person; and, asked me to use that iPod for training purpose e.g. personal development. I only thought of glass half empty instead of half full. I am an ungrateful bastard. I must learnt how to be more grateful of my life, and the gifts my life has given me. And I am glad i am letting you know that I have learnt my lesson.

What are the 3 things are you grateful of in your life? Write in the comment section, Below!

2 comments:

  1. First, being down to earth person. Second, being optimistic never surrender and third because I came from a family that doesn't have much in life or poor family, I learned how to live in my own and accept everything, I became more stronger towards life.

    I considered all of the above, a grateful in me.:)

    ReplyDelete