Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can motions create good emotions?

Every time I am complimented by my team members, random strangers, coworkers, couple of things I almost always hear from others. I never really received those compliments until I make "smile" a frequent part of my life!
"You seem so pleasant all the time"
"You talk with people, and seem genuinely interested"
"You are so smiley!"
"You make me laugh for no reason"
Smile is a facial expression which could be easily done by a normal human being with a deformed/normal facial tissues. It is easier than writing 1500 words essay, cramming for an extremely difficult/stupid/lame calculus exam, or lifting 150 lbs for chest press. My point it smile is easy! I don't know why some dudes "just" don't smile or do it once a week. Frowning does not make you tougher or more charismatic....

I remember Anthony Robbins (#1 peak performance expert) wrote in his book, "Awaken The Giant Within" that motions create emotions. He stated that positive, outrageous or confident body movements could make dramatic changes in our emotional state. People could change their lives if they keep positive body language consistently. Here are couple of questions I want you to ponder: Can you explain why you feel great when your significant other kisses you? Why "kiss" is more emotionally stimulating than just a "pat" in your back? Why firm "handshake" demonstrates "confidence"? Because different motions create different emotions. When I smile, my brain tends to believe "I am happy" and secrete chemicals which cause stimulating emotions. If you frown, swing your hands slowly like a bored symphony instructor for a while, I can guarantee you that you start feel bored.
KEEP THIS IN MIND:
Our emotions are nothing more than biochemical storms in our brains. So why would you want some chemicals to ruin the rest of your day?
Just dance, grin silly in front of the mirror, sing loudly, breath rapidly and shake your legs playfully (It works for me every time I get bored with work), skydiving, run 5K, play with your fingers or reinvent something which works for you. If you can create really amazing motions, I can guarantee some phenomenal change in your emotions for sure. Smile is a facial expression, and I tend to use it very well!

What kind of motion/physical activity works for you? Make sure to comment below because your motion puts a smile in my face. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, for me.. Motion can create good emotions.. In my case, when ever I feel bad or disappointed I used to cry for it, that's my way to feel better, after that.. for sure, I can smile again..:)

    Thanks Mr Mojo! This is another way to de-stress. I feel great after reading your blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sagittarian, for your informative comment!
    Crying is a good way to let go of unwanted emotions. I usually go out for running 2-5 miles when I feel very depressed.

    ReplyDelete