Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Best I Ever Had

Today I was doing some house cleaning because I have nothing better to do during the weekend. I actually made a rule for myself that I never going to do anything "work-related" in the weekend. Weekended is a time to rejuvenate and self reflections. There are 52 weeks in a year. If I spend 1 day (i.e Saturday or Sunday) in every week just for myself, then I am getting 52 days vacation every year. I also have 19 days paid time off. So life is good if use them well in resourceful ways:)

One limitation I have is that I am such a nerd. I know very well that I am very good in what I do. I am a excellent programmer who gives 110 percent in his job. I am proud of this. However, when it comes to having fun, I have very less stuffs to do. I know it's frustrating. So I actually set a goal to finish a weekend by doing no less than 10 things I love to do. I haven't completed my list, but I am pretty excited to start working on it!

Now back to the housing cleaning. :) I think today was a special day. While I was organizing my files and folders, I found some of my past awards, diplomas, and certificates. For strange reasons, I never actually gave a fuck about my past achievements. I used to get 2 awards every semesters during my college years. Sometimes I never even attended some events where I will be awarded or given some honors. I guess when you start getting something so often, you start to appreciate it very less. However, when I was in high school, I would only "dream" of being in an honor list. I still remember some of my high school grades (i.e. Chemistry D+, Physics C-, Biology D, English C).

But today, I really appreciated myself. I actually smiled when looking at my bachelor degree and dean's list awards. I am really glad I worked so hard to be the best in my class. May be after 5 years when I am going to read this "same" post, I hope I will put a smile in my face, and being grateful to higher power to give me such a wonder life.

Now I have a question for you: What do you appreciate about your life? :)

P.S: Don't forget to follow my blog because I want to follow yours. It's quite flattering when people read my stuffs!

2 comments:

  1. It's quite fun to find and see something we've saved in drawers for years during we are cleaning. Some memory is brought back and suddenly feel time does fly! Fortunately, most of my memory is about happiness and laughter. So now, I am answering your question, I appreciate I have positive attitude about my life so that I have enough courage to face anything good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great thing to appreciate. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete