Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Few Milliseconds Before Waking Up

I have an spiritual friend who used to tell me that when we are sleeping, we don't have any identity or some shit. We become merged with the one. I didn't understand that completely yet, but I kind of get what he was saying. If you point a gun a someone asleep, he is not going to beg for his life. He isn't there.

However, I have an interesting realization this morning. Just few milliseconds before I was waking up, I was a little conscious and couldn't identify myself. I couldn't care or didn't know who I was. Interestingly I found it as a big relief. I don't know why. I am not serial killer, or didn't done something terribly wrong in my life which I wish it would go away. I am also cool with who I am and what direction my life is moving.  I realized that the body is all I have for that moment, and I couldn't care of my identity, needs, wants. So I still wonder why I felt relieved? Then after few short seconds my brain rebooted, I came back to who I am right now. I am pretty sure I am not inheriting any memory loss disease, and this is not a hang over (I didn't go out last night). But something I ponder about...

And, yes, I will do a quick checkup with my doctor just to be sure. Doctor will probably think I am an idiot. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment