Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The way you do one thing is that way you do everything

I read this motivational saying from an article few days ago, and it let me change some of my behaviors. As a guy in my mid-twenties, I still feel like I must continue improvement in some areas of my life - career, wealth, women, health, family etc.

Sometimes the way I treat myself in one area of my life tend to affect other areas of my life too. For example, if I don't treat people who I don't know genuinely, the chances are I am treating my family in the same manner. If I am clumsy and wasteful with my own body and eat whatever shit what tastes like fry, chances are I will feed my kids as much worse  (I don't have any though). If I don't learn how to relax while being impatient, or learn how to be comfortable on my own time, then I probably am nervous around people, and difficult situations.

I believe "The way you do one thing is that way you do everything" makes sense in some level. It's not highly accurate because the way I like talking with my close friends and like making fun of them, I probably never want to do the same thing for my coworkers in the office. But this is still something to keep in mind in my day to day life. No matter how small the task is, if I don't do it right, then I pretty don't do anything right for bigger projects. For example, if a Walmart cashier is crappy, unmotivated, and sucks at doing her job, what are the chances she will perform well if she was promoted to be the CEO (hypothetically)? You get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment