Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Doubt vs. Believe

Ever since I was growing up, I have learned not to put faith in others. I always believed that disappointment is a law of nature similar to gravity. You can't completely trust someone because humans are imperfect creature, full of mistakes and unpredictability. I think that's okay. I have learned to use these imperfections as an advantage. I always watch my back and always took responsibility because I know no one will be there when my life is fucked up. I felt misunderstood during my upbringings, and always wanted to be desired and approved by others (which I think is a sign of weakness).

But nowadays, I realized I want to believe in others even if there is a minor chance of disappointment. I want to believe they will succeed to the fullest. I want to believe they will be happy and live a blessed life. There was a time, I always wished people believed in me, and now I am on my own, I will try my best to believe in others as much as I can. I think believing in your friends or signifiant others is the greatest gift you can ever give them. It's a sign that you genuinely care about them. Don't just encourage them half-heartedly; believe they could be the best. May be just making them think that someone is there looking up to them is enough to ignite something they actually need to be more successful.

It makes me feel weird just to write this blog post because this is unlike me. I guess a psychopath like me can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment