Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Short Life

I think it is inevitable I will die one day. It would be shorter than I expect. I know my highest priority is gain more money and power, but I believe I also want to accumulate wonderful experiences in my life. Even if it sounds silly, I should seize those opportunities I can afford to take. Few moments I am dead, those money I made in my 401K accounts, reputations I build by for many years, or poor career choices that won't matter. I would regret those small courageous choices I could have made to make my life more interesting. That kiss from the girl I met in the club, interesting conversation with close friends in a exotic restaurant, living in a foreign country, buying an interesting artwork, approach a very beautiful woman to tell how gorgeous her hair looks,  or jumping 10,000 ft from the plane would be remembered as a souvenir.  I also don't think I can cross all items from my bucket list. But I believe I can increase the probability to gain more interesting experiences in my lifetimes with right attitude. I know doing fun, adventurous and interesting things may seem like they have zero return on investments. But if I am not happy, then what's the whole point of money, power and status?

P.S: I do encourage to take the leap and cross the comfort zone; but don't risk it by being broke. That's called stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment