Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

How to Use Acceptance to Overcome Weakness?

I always hated my foreign english accent ever since I started living in United State for 5 years. I tried faking it to make myself as a local person, but it's always there. It's a permanent part of who I am. I always thought it was a weakness I need to overcome so that people around don't find me inferior, or incompetent. Even though there were friends who continued to support me that it's not a big deal; my accent actually made me self conscious.

But the good news is I finally realized there is no fucking way I can get rid of my voice and accent; it's always a part of me. When I start to accept it as part of myself and fully expressed it, I realized I don't feel uncomfortable about myself anymore. I actually end up making myself center of attention nowadays more often. I think acceptance is one way to overcome personal weakness, or inferiority complex. I also believe using my weakness as an asset to accomplished something great is ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment