Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Clarity Ends Fear

Clarity is one thing I really want in my life. It solves many things. In my past experiences, whenever I needed to deal with a difficult issue, I realized clarity solved it for me. It is like a truth and it sets me free. Today I realized that being confused, fearful, and aimlessness are the opposite of clarity. For example, death is something I have always been afraid of. The thought of growing old and die isn't pleasant. I think the only reason I am afraid of death because I can't fathom what exactly death means. I never experienced death. I don't know if I will actually have an after life or I am gone for good. I don't know if I will suffer from massive pain when I will die. In this case, the lack of my understanding of death makes it more fearful.  The vagueness makes it hundred fold fearful than it actually is.

But what if I truly understand the fear and all it's consequences? What if I know exactly how I will feel and know how it feels in the end of the tunnel? What if I am certain there is no such thing as death? I guess all those certainty creates gods & religions.  I believe if I am clear of what exactly the fear means, then I know how to deal with it. I guess this is a good place to mention famous Sun Tzu's sayings -
"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."
Fear is my enemy. I believe by fully comprehending it, I can overcome it. I think clarity truly ends fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment