Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spontaneous

Ever since I was 12, I have been taught to utilize my time as resourcefully as possible. Even when I was watching TV in my leisure time, my dad used to yell at me for watching stupid cartoons, and study more like my nerd friends who will never get laid. This actually influenced most of my teenage life. As a result, I still have an urge to force myself doing something valuable (i.e. study, read, work) that will have value in the future. For instance, I would rather spend my night writing a paper for my final than spending quality time with my best friend by watching movies. I guess being workaholic is in my blood.

Although I realized that this is an excellent habit to have, but I also found out that I will never be happy if I allow myself to measure/keep track of everything I do. So, today I decided to go with the flow. I fucked all the self blaming thoughts I had, and trusted my instincts. For instance, I usually try my best to finish a conversation within 1-2 minutes when I meet someone so that I could resume I was doing. However, today I met an old friend while I was going towards the library in the morning, and I decided to hang with him for couple of hours. I ended up buying some cool bracelets because his agenda was to fix his bracelet from a Native Indian shop. I even got some nice compliments from those bracelets, and have extra for Christmas gifts.

It's nice to spontaneous at times!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.. nice, atleast you're trying to do what you think is right for you. Sometimes, breaking a bit of some rules is good, as long as your self discipline is always with you.:)

    ReplyDelete