Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Feeding my Ego

I realized our ego needs frequent feeding. But all egos are not created equally. Different egos love various kinds of foods. Some foods are as follows: pity on others, being grateful, pride/boasting, feeling needed/wanted, feeling powerful, superior. There are countless more delicious foods for ego.

However, there are bitter foods that ego interpret as poisons. Some of them are: humiliation, rejection, hate, disapproval, disappointment, feeling inferior. Every time ego eat those, it has stomach ache, puke, or cry for help.

I am made of ego. I am an ego. I need frequent feeding of approval from superiors, and I want to be liked by everyone. My ego feels threatened when it gets disapproved. It then tries its best and worked harder to gain approval. The life cycle of ego probably is when my physical body is dead and rotten. Somehow I feel relieved that I said it. It's good to put a problem into "it" or "thing". It's actually easy to make something a third person. That's another excellent way to put problem in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment